Tuesday 25 January 2011

repetition

So studio wise, I’ve got something to sink my teeth into. Doing something repetitive is good. I’m taking part in a group show at Dilston Grove, I’m usually really crap at relating to themes, but this one revived an idea I had while back.

Actually the earlier days of this black project were a little more investigative of black cultural phenomena. But at the time it still felt too known – so the form continued to grow backwards for a while there. Anyway having drawn that spot for so long, chain mail seems to make sense. I made a test piece before I’d even looked at the space – but a church is a church I suppose. I’m gonna make the final structure with smaller units – as you can see, I’ll be able to stop thinking for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment